Friday 16 March 2012

We are afraid of the wrong things...

We are afraid of the wrong things? I’m no expert but I think this statement have various meanings. Such as, some people are scared of failure, others are scared of embarrassment, to let go, to love, to care, to show compassion, to show empathy, to believe, to trust, to cry, being rejected and the list goes on and on. I’m sure some time or another you must have experienced one of these emotions. I have and sometimes still do. I don’t think that there is anything wrong with it, we are human and having these different emotions is all part of it.
Being scared of the wrong things, like mentioned above limits us. We don’t want to take chances because we fear failing or making a mistake. So we live our lives playing it safe and not allowing ourselves to be who we are destined to be. As a parent, when my daughters were little and just started walking I would run around after them, ready to catch them should they fall as I did not want to see them hurt. But the odd occasion that they did land on their backsides, taught them to be careful but not to give up. My point is, life teaches us different lessons through the mistakes we make and due to some difficult experiences out of our control but that does not mean that because my first attempt did not work that I should give up, it merely teaches us to try and do it differently for a better result.


Life will always happen be it good or bad, but as a Christian I believe that God did not promise us roses without thorns but he did promise us that He will not leave us or forsake us. So don’t let you fear keep you from reaching your goal, live life to the fullest and know that it is the “not so nice things”  or fears that builds our character and make us who we are today.  


2 comments:

  1. My dad gave me the freedom to learn. He let me make mistakes and I learnt very quickly what to do and what not to do! Love your post! I can relate !

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only way to cure fear is through love. Fear constricts and holds on really tightly, love lets go and welcomes all things in-spite of fear. I enjoyed this post very much, thank you.

    ReplyDelete