What on earth will we do without technology? Everyday something new comes about that makes life a little bit easier and as fantastic as we all are searching for the next best. Almost every “tech shop” promotes new and improve or bigger, better and faster when watching the adverts on TV.
But with all that greatness come a lot of responsibility and accountability. It is great to have access to all kinds of online media but what about all the unspoken consequences that comes with it?
Which brings me to the 10 most unexpected consequences of being online:
1. Social media is fantastic, but we end up having “friends or contacts” we don’t even speak to face to face (what’s the use?)
2. Strangers having access to your personal information, you thought was safe.
3. Random strangers sending random invites
4. Businesses registering on social media but have no idea how to use it and in the end only being damaging to the business.
5. The urge to complain online and accidently writing it on your bosses profile
6. It’s really great being a social butterfly, posting drunken, embarrassing images of yourself online could be detrimental to your image and reputation.
7. People who you would have loved to stay in your past now have access to you.
8. Using online as a platform to tell all about your life – not everyone needs to know.
9. Online stalking
10. Taking fraud to a different level