Thursday 8 November 2012

How to step from the top of a 100-foot pole

Isn’t the title just so scary? Just reading it out loud makes me think why on earth would I be on a 100-foot pole and then more importantly why would I then want to get off it anyway? The only thing that comes to mind and makes sense in my head is like taking a leap of faith. Nothing that really matters on this earth has any guarantees, so we do kind of live our lives day by day taking a leap of faith.
As individuals we have so much going on in life. We worry about almost everything, no matter our age. We find ourselves worrying about our success, career, studies, family, relationships and the list goes on. Its normal they say (whoever they are) but none of the subjects mentioned above comes without a bit of sacrifice or risk if you may.
The words sacrifice and risk is a bit harsh and not very easy on my ear, I prefer thinking of it as taking a leap of faith. The fear of the unknown can be overwhelming but anything worth it and that matters is worth taking a leap of faith or in this case stepping down a 100-foot pole. If we don’t try, we’ll never know and if we fail (I hope I don’t) we live and we learn and take that lesson with us when leaping into the next.
Image by: Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment