Thursday 8 November 2012

Our greatest strengths are our greatest weaknesses

So often it is seen that when people have a certain amount of power they don’t always use it in the most positive way. My greatest strength is to juggle it all, yet it is also my greatest weakness. Now this is a very admirable position to be in but many times it is to my own disadvantage.  Often I would find myself busy with 10 000 things at once, why, because everyone always knows that I am capable of it because I get it done.
But what they don’t know is how I arrive at the end result; often with slight heart palpitations and a lack of much needed sleep. I blame this totally on my mother who I love to bits. She used to be for a very long time a working mom and see to her family and household without breaking a sweat or an unhappy word. Now I find myself wanting to live up to this legacy and if I don’t do it well and also in record time it’s not good enough. Not because she expects this of me in any way, but because I’ve always known my mother to be able to do anything.  To me it is if my mom could do it so can I. She constantly reminds me that the time and pressures were much different then than now. I can only laugh and nod, but will I listen is another story.
Images by: Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment